- curiosity: marked by desire to investigate and learn
- listening: to hear something with thoughtful attention, give consideration
- empathy: the action of understanding, being aware of, being sensitive to, and vicariously experiencing the feelings, thoughts, and experience of another
- compassion: sympathetic consciousness of others’ distress
- courage: mental or moral strength to persevere, and withstand danger, fear, or difficulty
- cooperation: to act or work with another or others, act together
- sisterhood: the solidarity of women based on shared conditions, experiences, or concerns
- leadership: a capacity to lead
When curious, compassionate, and courageous women of all different races, colors, creeds, religious, and national origins serve in leadership roles from the corner office to the front porch—every aspect of American life appears to benefit.
I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life’s a bitch. You’ve got to go out and kick ass.
NOTE: Tonight on your local PBS station you can watch Timothy Greenfield-Sanders documentary—Maya Angelou: The Pieces I Am. https://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/