I walked everywhere today and I love being so much more flexible on foot to explore than when I am driving. NOT BIG NEWS I realize, but today what could’ve been a pretty ordinary day, running errands, meeting a friend for coffee, going to a meeting, dropping things off etc—turned into a pretty interesting visual experience. It’s out there everywhere, we just have to be paying attention I guess.
1. Brick on Maple Street in the sun in Burlington, Vermont.
2. A cool sticker on a sign in front of Art’s Riot, SEABA (south end arts and business association) and Speeder and Earl’s coffee shop on Pine Street.
3. An abstract painting by artist Steve Sharon at Maglianero cafe. I bought this painting yesterday while Steve was hanging the show. I stopped in to get a honey ginger latte (crazy good) with my daughter and was very drawn to the piece. It has “pasture” in the title and it instantly connected me to my roots in South Dakota. Go get a latte and check out Steve’s show. Cool work. Nice guy. http://thekarmabirdhouse.com/the-amenities/maglianero-cafe
4. A sculpture in front of The Space Gallery and Conant Metal and Light.
There wasn’t a sign about whose work this cat is. If someone knows please let me know and post a comment so the work is properly attributed.
5. I just thought this flora was cool. Bold. Interesting. This unknown flora is large tufts in groups. If anyone knows what it is please post a comment. It’s tragic to be called, “unknown flora”.