I discovered this image of my husband Jeff’s legs this morning. The photo had cool shadows and movement to work with. After a bit of goofing off and layering—this series is what emerged.
Jeff is off exploring his world right now in a very BIG way. The first image on the road reminds me of the South Dakota Monster stories my Dad told all seven of his grandchildren. I don’t see my husband as a monster though—much more like a gentle giant.
We’ve always told our children that they are part prairie & part sea. When I started choosing photos to layer with Jeff’s legs I was naturally drawn to images of the prairie and the sea.
Here’s to your big adventures this weekend, wherever your feet take you.
- South Dakota two-lane road near Burke
- Abandoned farmhouse south of Burke, South Dakota
- Town Neck Beach approach,—Sandwich, Massachusetts
- Everglade National Park in Florida
- Town Neck Beach, Sandwich, Massachusetts
- Florence, Italy